Saturday, April 2, 2011

Featured Author: Richelle Mead

Enter to win a Teen Day VIP Pass below and be among the first in line 
to meet Richelle on April 9!


If you could be a character in your books for a day, who would you be and why?

Honestly, I don't think I'd want to be any of them!  Those guys have some pretty tough lives, no thanks to me.  I'm a big believer in making characters work for their happy endings, and mine go through a lot of ups and downs!  That being said, I've always envied Georgina, the succubus in one of my adult series, for her shape-shifting ability.  That would save a lot of hair and makeup time, but I'm not sure it's worth putting up with the rest of her job.

Can you name one moment that stands out as a favorite since you've become a writer?

Probably the first time I got an email from someone saying my books had changed their life.  That's a poweful thing.  We often get into this career simply thinking of entertainment, and it's a huge wake-up call to realize how big an impact a story can really have.  It's inspiring, frightening, and humbling all at the same time...and is the kind of reminder I need to keep me going on those days when this job starts to feel overwhelming. 

What is your favorite place to write? Is there anything you need in order to write? (i.e. coffee, chocolate, music, etc.)

My favorite place to write is in my office, which is painted mauve and lined with books.  Music is right out because I start listening to those words instead of my own.  I need to allow myself to simply focus on the story at hand and not give in to distractions--excluding my cats, of course.


Tell us about your latest or upcoming release.

This is a busy year!  One of my adult series (Dark Swan) is being made into a comic in May, and that'll be followed by a Vampire Academy graphic novel in August.  Also in August, we'll see the last book in my Georgina Kincaid series and the first of Bloodlines, which is the spin-off series to Vampire Academy.  And just to keep that month interesting, I'm having a baby then too!



Learn more about all the RT Teen Day authors at http://www.rtbookreviews.com/genre/young-adult.


MEET RICHELLE - WIN A TEEN DAY VIP PASS!
Be among the first in line to meet Richelle and the other authors at RT Teen Day April 9!

2 winners
 will receive 1 Teen Day VIP Pass each. Readers with a VIP pass will be the first in line to meet the authors at the Book Fair. Limited number of passes available. Please note you will still need to purchase the $25 teen day ticket online or $5 Book Fair ticket at the door in order for your VIP pass to be valid.

Enter below to win! Deadline is Saturday, April 2, 2011 at 11:59 PST.

3 comments:

  1. The link to purchase the $25 ticket isn't working. Is it just me? Or is it too late to purchase online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah, it's already done :(
    have to purchase at the door

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rissatoo and Jazmin - Online registration is now closed, but you can still purchase tix at the door ($5 for book fair only or $25 for all day). Hope to see you there! :)

    ReplyDelete