Thursday, April 7, 2011

Kimberly Derting


If you could be a character in your books for a day, who would you be and why?

Since I wouldn’t want to be a serial killer, or a dead girl, I’d have to say the main character, Violet Ambrose.  But I’d want to be her on a day that she doesn’t find any dead bodies.  It would be one of her slow days.


Can you name one moment that stands out as a favorite since you've become a writer?

I had a reader who threw a BODY FINDER themed birthday party, complete with cake.  That was sort of mind blowing, that someone was celebrating their birthday with MY book!


What is your favorite place to write? Is there anything you need in order to write? (i.e. coffee, chocolate, music, etc.)

I need my laptop, comfy sweatpants, copious amounts of tea, and candy (preferably Skittles!).


Tell us about your latest or upcoming release.

DESIRES OF THE DEAD is the sequel to THE BODY FINDER, about a 16-year-old girl who can match the “echoes” of the dead to the “imprints” on their killers.  And, of course, a whole lotta kissing!

No comments:

Post a Comment