Thursday, April 7, 2011

Featured Author: Tera Lynn Childs


If you could be a character in your books for a day, who would you be and why?
That's easy! Lily Sanderson, the main character in Forgive My Fins and Fins Are Forever. She is not only a mermaid (my lifelong fantasy) but also a princess! Win win. And there's the fact that she has the attention of a deliciously hunky biker boy that I wouldn't mind getting to meet in real life. Oh yes, I'd love to be Lily for a day.


Can you name one moment that stands out as a favorite since you've become a writer?
There are a lot of little moments, but the biggest and most emotional was winning the Romance Writers of America RITA award for Best First Book. It was the culmination of years of hard work and tears and it was something I never dreamed my light beach read YA would ever achieve.


What is your favorite place to write? Is there anything you need in order to write? (i.e. coffee, chocolate, music, etc.)

I absolutely can't get any writing done at home, so I spend most of my writing days in cafes and coffee shops. I affectionately refer to Starbucks as my office. Once there, all I need is a comfy seat, a caffeinated beverage, and music blasting in my ears to drown out the distracting conversations around me.


Tell us about your latest or upcoming release.
This is my first year with two book releases, and I'm super excited about both of them. First up is Fins Are Forever, the sequel to Forgive My Fins, with more yummy romance, a handsome mer prince, and lots of adventure--both on land and under water. Then I launch a new trilogy about monster-hunting descendants of Medusa with Sweet Venom. I call it Buffy meets Charmed meets mythology. I've never been more excited for a book and I can't wait for it to hit the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment