Thursday, April 7, 2011

Featured Author: Kelley Armstrong


If you could be a character in your books for a day, who would you be and why?

None. Sorry! I love to write about them, but I've never written a character who is someone I'd personally like to be. I could "borrow" a few characteristics from many of them. As a package, though, they're not nearly as appealing as my own life!


Can you name one moment that stands out as a favorite since you've become a writer?

There have been many, but a recent favourite of mine was the Indigo Teen Awards in Toronto. I won an award and the teen audience chanted my name as I left the podium. It's as close as I'll ever get to feeling like a rock star.


What is your favorite place to write? Is there anything you need in order to write? (i.e. coffee, chocolate, music, etc.)

My favourite place to write is very boring. It's my office, which is in the back corner of the basement, with no window or other distractions, no music etc. There is, however, usually coffee.


Tell us about your latest or upcoming release.

My next book will be launching at RT Teen Day. It actually comes out April 12, but I've been promised I'll have it early. It's The Gathering, which is the first book in my new Darkness Rising trilogy.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment