Friday, February 25, 2011

Featured Author: Melissa Marr



If you could be a character in your books for a day, who would you be and why?
None of them! I'm perfectly happy being me, so the idea of being anyone else sounds horrible.


Can you name one moment that stands out as a favorite since you've become a writer?

This job is filled with fabulous moments, but one of the recent ones that tilted my world was having an artist whose music I've listened to for a decade tell me he was a fan.  I’ve listened to every CD his band has done (including having his music as a default on my writing playlists), so knowing that he’s read my novels were utterly surreal.

What is your favorite place to write? Is there anything you need in order to write? (i.e. coffee, chocolate, music, etc.)
I don’t write without music unless I’m outside.  Typically, I work at my desk, caffeine in hand, music blaring, feet propped up, and at least one of my Rottweilers beside me.  I take retreats though (Scotland, San Diego), and then I write outside by the sea, a loch, ruins, cactus gardens, etc. In that case, nature provides all the music I need.


Tell us about your latest or upcoming release.


Darkest Mercy (Feb 22, 2011) is the 5th and final book in the Wicked Lovely series. It pulls together the events of the first four books, both romantically & politically.  Pretty soon after that, my debut adult book, Graveminder, is out (May 17, 2011). That’s a story of a mortician, a commitment-phobe, a dead girl, and a town where the dead don’t always stay dead.  So, right now, I’m focused on both books simultaneously—which is very interesting as they as such different types of stories.

Learn more about Melissa Marr at 
http://www.melissa-marr.com/.

Learn more about all the RT Teen Day authors at http://www.rtbookreviews.com/genre/young-adult.


MEET MELISSA - WIN A TEEN DAY VIP PASS!
Be among the first in line to meet Melissa and the other authors at RT Teen Day April 9!

1 winner
 will receive 1 Teen Day VIP Pass. Readers with a VIP pass will be the first in line to meet the authors at the Book Fair. Limited number of passes available. Please note you will still need to purchase the $25 teen day ticket online or $5 Book Fair ticket at the door in order for your VIP pass to be valid.

Enter below to win! Deadline is Friday, February 25, 2011 at 11:59 PST. 


No comments:

Post a Comment